Official HippoJuice Rights and Policies
This web page is intended to inform readers of the rights and policies for creating and maintaining content that represents the HippoJuice Podcast, its members, and affiliates. It is also intended to describe HippoJuice's rights and responsibilities for Web content hosted by or delivered using online resources.
All podcasts, videos, pictures, and Web content related to the HippoJuice Podcast is in conjunction with the mission of the show and are not the actual opinions and ideas of its members. Content may not be suitable for minors, as it contains x-rated materials and adult themes. The HippoJuice Podcast is intended for comedic and entertainment purposes only and has no official stand on actual events.
HippoJuice has the right, but not always the obligation, to monitor and determine compliance for all Web content within the following categories:
- Content that represents an official HippoJuice website; and content that represents a HippoJuice podcast, video, event, or function.
- Web content developed by fans or non-affiliates that is hosted by or delivered using outside resources (that may or may not be considered official).
The HippoJuice Podcast reserves the right, using its sole discretion, to review, restrict, and/or request deletion any content described above that is not reflect the show's ideas and themes.
Rights and Responsibilities
The members of the HippoJuice Podcast reserve the right for determining compliance of the HippoJuice online content, and it is the chief arbiter for the content and technical standards for building and rendering Web content.
1.1 Rights and Responsibilities: The HippoJuice Podcast is committed to comedic freedom and to protecting the rights of members, fans, and listeners to exercise freedom of expression and free inquiry and discovery. Users must in turn respect the rights of other users, and observe all relevant policies, laws, regulations, and contractual obligations.
1.2 Use of Copyrighted or Licensed Material: Written permission must be obtained from the copyright holder and kept on file for the use of any and all copyrighted materials not belonging to the HippoJuice Podcast or to a member utilizing his/her own material. Copyright permission may be necessary not only for text but in some instances also for photographs, graphics, audio, video, compiled statistics, graphs, or otherwise, as well as for mirrored web sites.
1.3 DMCA Copyright Infringement Notification: Our website follows the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
To file a copyright infringement notification to HippoJuice, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (Note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages. In other words, DON’T MAKE FALSE CLAIMS!
To facilitate our ability to process your request, such written notice should be sent to our designated agent whose contact information is available via our “DMCA Designated Agent” listed below:
Social Media Policy
The HippoJuice Podcast encourages the listening community to be actively involved with social media. Due to the nature of the medium, this policy is purposely broad in nature to encourage adoption while setting general guidelines.
2.1 Definition of Social Media: Accounts, profiles, or other Web-based resources developed to distribute Web content and other media (such as mobile content) in the name of the HippoJuice Podcast for the purpose of creating an interactive dialogue with show hosts, listeners, and fans.
2.2 Rights and Responsibilities: All officially recognized social media accounts will be publicly listed by the HippoJuice Podcast list at http://hippojuice.com/hippoUs.html, and will be monitored and administered by the show's official members.
2.3 Content: All current HippoJuice policies regarding content on public internet pages as well as federal, state and local laws and regulations apply to social media sites.
- Do not post any confidential information, its listeners, or content that violates copyright or privacy laws, is threatening or obscene or is otherwise injurious or illegal. Any content of this nature posted by a user will be removed immediately.
- As a member of the HippoJuice community, it is imperative that you engage in respectful dialogue. Criticisms by site users are allowed but irrelevant and vulgar posts can be deleted.
- Third party content advertising products or unauthorized events not endorsed by the HippoJuice Podcast must be removed immediately.